This recipe is contributed by my sis Supriya. She is quite heath cautious and try to cook some healthy recipes. This is the inspired from the CCD Corn Spinach Sandwich.
4 slice of Brown Bread
250 gms Spinach (Washed and finely chopped)
1/2 cup boiled Sweet corn
1 tbsp of Flour (Maida)
1/2 cup milk
1 cube of processed Cheese
salt to taste
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
2 tsp Butter
1. In a pan put some butter and saute the spinach and corn for 2-3 min
2. Now in another pan take 1 tsp of butter and add the maida into it
3. Cook the maida with butter for 2-3 min.
4. Now add the milk into it and stir continuously to avoid lump formations.
5. Now also add the cheese cube into the pan along with salt as per taste.
5. Let the mixture boil for 2-3 min so that it thickens into a sauce consistency.
6. Once the sauce is done, add the sauteed spinach and corn into it and mix well.
7. Add some black pepper and close the flame. Let the stuffing mixture rest for 1 min.
8. Now take bread slices, spread the corn and spinach mixture properly and cover it with another bread slice.
9. You can either grill, toast or eat this sandwich without grilling also.
10. Your jhatpat yummy corn and spinach sandwich is ready to eat..!!!
You can accompany this sandwich with a soup to make a whole meal.
Do read my Tomato, Carrot, Sweet Corn and Coriander Soup recipe
You may also like Sweet and Tangy Watermelon Curry