You must have heard about Rajasthani Mirch ke tapore, a very delicious instant mirch ka aachar. I have modified that recipe and made it in a sabzi style with very less oil. This dry aachar/sabzi can be stored in refrigerator easily. While travelling also it goes
very well with puri and parathas.
250 gms Moti Hari Mirch (Cut into small round pieces)
1 Large Onion finely chopped
1 1/2 tbsp Besan
1 tsp Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
1 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
1 Lemon juice
1. Take a deep pan and heat the oil
2. Add cumin seeds, once they crackle then add the finely chopped onions
3. Fry the onions till golden brown.
4. Now add the Besan and roast it till the besan is golden brown.
5. Now add saunf and the hari mirch and mix properly.
6. Add the turmeric powder and salt and let it cook for 3-4 min with lid closed.
7. Stir in between and check till the mirch is cooked properly.
8. Once the mirch is cooked close the flame and add the lemon juice to it.
9. Your Hari mirch ki sabzi is ready to serve.
**This recipe is also selected to be featured in the Tarla Dalal website :http://www.tarladalal.com/Moti-Hari-Mirch-ka-Instant-Aachar-38244r